The Professional Development Committee sponsors low cost workshops on all aspects of the archival enterprise. Recent workshops have dealt with topics as varied as magnetic media preservation, archives security, religious archives, and EAD.
In addition to creating its own courses, SSA’s Professional Development Committee works with the Society of American Archivists, Amigos, SOLINET, NEDCC, and other organizations to bring major training sessions and nationally-known instructors to the Southwest. SSA works to ensure that its upper-level educational offerings are eligible for Archival Recertification Credits (ARCs) from the Academy of Certified Archivists.
For more information about SSA’s professional development program please contact:
Chair, Professional Development Committee
University of Arkansas Libraries
Do you have special skills or knowledge that you would like to share in a workshop?
Would you like experience creating and leading a workshop?
- An important membership benefit is the opportunity to present workshops
- Presenting a workshop can be an invaluable learning experience
- It is an excellent opportunity to organize special knowledge you may have
- It is an excellent way to acquire practice in public speaking, teaching, and working with workshop participants
- Being a workshop instructor is also an excellent qualification to have on your vita for hiring and promotion purposes
If you would like to discuss the possibility of teaching an SSA workshop, please feel free to contact the chair of our Professional Development Committee.