Community Outreach Fund
SSA established the Community Outreach Fund in 2015 to support outreach events or programs that promote archives to the general public. SSA has set aside $1,000 per year to support such endeavors, and requests for funding will be reviewed by a steering committee of SSA officers and members.
In order to qualify for the Community Outreach Fund:
- The organization or outreach event must take place in the SSA region
- The event must take place during the calendar year that the funds are distributed
- The primary contact applying for funds must be an SSA member in good standing
- The event must be open to the public
To apply, send proposals to the current president and include the following:
- Name of the requesting organization
- Date(s) of event
- Date funds are needed
- A description (no more than 300 words) describing the outreach event and its impact on the community and/or the organization
- Amount requesting [note: limit is $1,000, but smaller requests are likely to be favored.]
- The name and contact information for the primary contact
- Optional: letter(s) of support from community members
While there is no deadline, the funds may run out as they are awarded on a first come, first serve basis.