State Partnerships and Outreach Fund
Established by SSA in 2021, the State Partnerships and Outreach Fund helps cover SSA members’ costs when presenting at academic and professional meetings of allied professions. The Fund is also to be used for SSA session sponsorships at state and regional historical associations’ annual conferences. SSA has set aside $3,000 a year to support such endeavors, and all requests for funding will be reviewed by three SPOC members, the SSA treasurer, and one SSA board member (all who are not applying for funds).
- The conference must take place within 18 months of when the funds are distributed
- The applicant must be a SSA member in good standing
- Funds must be used towards:
- To offset costs (registration and/or travel and lodging) for SSA members presenting at conferences or meetings of allied professions (i.e. history, genealogy, museum studies, etc.)
- Sponsorship by SSA of a session at an academic or professional conference of an allied profession (i.e. state and/or regional historical associations’ conferences)
To apply, send proposals to the current chair of SPOC. All applications must include:
- Name of applicant and conference
- Dates of conference
- Description (150 – 300 words) of the panel or session. The description should include how the panel or session sponsorship will further the archival profession.
- Amount being requested ($600 maximum)
- Proof of accepted submission [i.e. name in program or documentation of session sponsorship]
Funds will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.